The Joovy Scooter X2 stroller is a great option for families looking for a side-by-side double stroller instead of a tandem. For siblings close in age, a side-by-side stroller positions them next to each other and orients them in the same direction. It is a lot more fun for kids to be together in a side-by-side stroller.
Unfortunately for parents a side-by-side stroller is very wide, which often makes it much more difficult to navigate through doors and narrow passages. At 30” wide the Joovy Scooter X2 is designed to sneak through standard sized doors. Kids need to keep hands inside the stroller when doing so because it is a tight fit. The stroller can hold 90 pounds of weight in total, with a 45 pound capacity for each of the seats. The stroller meets the Disneyland and Disney world stroller size requirements so families are allowed to bring it into the park.
This highly functional stroller comes with an enormous canopy with peek-a-boo windows, two parent cup holders, and two zippered pockets for storage. Both seats on this stroller have separate recline features and an adjustable footrest that offers increased flexibility. The one-hand fold mechanism of the stroller makes it easy to fold and store it when needed. The removable bumper bar makes it easy to take the babies in and out of the stroller.
Key Features of the Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller
- Lightweight and one hand flat fold double stroller.
- Suitable for infants and toddlers.
- Can accommodate two children of 45 pounds each.
- Strong steel frame covered in a nylon upholstery.
- Available in four colors – Black, blueberry, charcoal and red.
- Independently reclinable seats.
- Independently adjustable footrest.
- Five-point safety harness for protection.
- Large canopy for full protection.
- Peek-a-boo window with a closure.
- Removable bumper bar.
- Linked rear parking brake that can be operated with foot.
- Big storage basket.
- Mesh pocket on seats for snacks and toys.
- Large wheel with sealed bearings.
- Two parent cup holders.
- Zippered pocket for wallet and phone.
- Meets Disney world and Disneyland size requirements.
What Makes the Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller Stand Out?
This is a one-hand fold double stroller that is highly functional. The stroller comes with large wheels with sealed bearings that make it easy to maneuver. The front wheels are 7 inches diameter and the rear wheels are 9.5 inches diameter. The linked brakes near the rear wheels let you park the stroller.
The stroller comes with multi-position reclining seats that you can adjust independently. Similarly, the footrest can also be adjusted separately as per the requirement of each baby. The stroller comes with a large canopy that provides complete protection from the sun. The peek-a-boo window on the canopy lets you keep an eye on the baby while on the go. The stroller also comes with two parent cup holders on the back that lets you keep your bottles.
Ease of use
The Joovy Scooter X2 double stroller is very easy to use. The 360-degree swivel wheels on the front let you maneuver the stroller as you like and it turns quickly with just a push. It is designed to fit easily through any standard door. Thus, you can take the stroller wherever you want without worry. The stroller has a one-hand fold mechanism that lets you fold it with ease and store it between journeys.
The stroller also has a removable bumper in the front. This makes it easy to take the babies in and out of the stroller.
The size of this stroller when open is 32(L) x 30 (W) x 44.5 (H) inches, and the folded dimensions are 35.5 (L) x 30 (W) x 13 (H) inches. Again, a big selling point for a lot of parents with this stroller is that it’s side-by-side but it can fit through most standard sized doors. Parents know that taking a double stroller through a standard door is a bit of a game changer. The stroller weighs around 32 pounds and it can carry a total of 90 pounds divided equally between both seats. The stroller can safely carry twins of a minimum age of three months or infants and toddlers simultaneously in the stroller.
For comfort and convenience the stroller has a maximum seat recline of 149 degrees, with a handle height of 41.75 inches. The 7-inch front and 9.5 inches rear sealed bearing wheels provide good maneuverability.
Cleaning and maintenance
The Joovy Scooter X2 double stroller is made of a flame retardant and chemical-free nylon material draped over a sub structure made of high-quality steel. Thus, it is very easy to maintain. All you have to do is to wipe down the stroller periodically with a cloth to keep it clean, and for a smooth ride it is advisable to lubricate the wheels annually.
Parents need convenient features in a stroller and the Joovy Scooter X2 delivers. The stroller comes with two zippered pockets on the back for storing phones and wallets, while the adult cup holders let you carry two bottles on the go. Besides the storage on the back, the stroller also has a mesh pocket on the sides of the seat where parents can place baby’s bottles, snacks and even toys.
The Joovy Scooter X2 double stroller meets the Disneyland and Disney world size requirements, so it makes for a good stroller to take on vacations.
Parents looking to invest in a double stroller should consider the benefits of a tandem. While they can be more cumbersome to maneuver around town, sitting side-by-side makes for a more enjoyable riding experience for your children. Buyers of the Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller tend to focus on the following pros and cons.
- A budget buy delivering good value for your money.
- Fits through a standard door.
- Excellent maneuverability even with heavy kids.
- Available in four shades – Black, blueberry, charcoal and red.
- The five-point safety harness provides added safety.
- The padded shoulder strap provides ample comfort to the babies.>
- Reclinable seat using the attached strap and seats recline separately.
- The Bumper bar can easily be removed if you do not want it.
- Large canopy that provides complete protection to the baby from sun and rain.
- Peek-a-boo window on the canopy lets you keep an eye on the baby while on the go.
- The stroller meets the size requirements of Disney World and Disneyland.
- Easy to use and comfortable handles irrespective of the height of the user.
- The large storage bag, zippered pocket and mesh pocket provide large storage space.
- Option to attach a riding board to the rear of the stroller as necessary for your third child.
- Little heavy, though it is marketed as a lightweight product.
- Unfolding it is a little difficult at times.
- Does not ride smoothly on all terrains due to lower quality tires.
- Difficult to load into the trunk of the car.
- The stroller does not stand on its own when folded.
- The stroller cannot accommodate a baby car seat.
- The stroller does not include hard cup holders for the kids. It needs to be purchased separately. Similarly, the stroller does not have a tray holder like other strollers.
- The mesh cup holder on the side of the seat moves when the seat is reclined.
- You cannot adjust the canopy separately.
- Some buyers complained about the brake interfering with their stride during normal walking.
The Bottom Line
The Joovy scooter X2 double stroller comes with side by side seating that offers a pleasant ride for your children. Its features include two independently reclining seats, a five-point safety harness, and a large canopy with a peek-a-boo window. Excellent maneuverability is a highlight of this stroller as it corners well and fits through doors, but the stroller is not designed for all terrains. If you live in the countryside or any area with more uneven terrain, the Joovy Scooter X2 double stroller may not be a great choice.
The storage basket beneath the seat, the zippered pocket storage on the back, and the mesh storage on the seats’ side provide enough space to store the baby essentials. In addition, there are two parent cup holders on the back to hold your bottle. Overall, this stroller offers great value and is one of our highest rated budget buys.
Leave a Reply