The Chicco Liteway stroller is a compact, foldable stroller suitable for children up to 40lbs in weight. This stroller has a padded seat to give children a comfortable ride and an adjustable leg rest to provide support. The rear wheels have an easy one tap brake system and front locking swivels on the front wheels offer a smooth ride.
Parents like this stroller’s added feature including an adjustable and removable canopy, cup holder, and underneath storage basket. This is an excellent value-for-money product for parents looking for a good quality stroller that they can take with them while on the go.
Key Features of the Chicco Liteway Stroller
Some of the key features that make the Chicco Liteway one of the highest rated umbrella strollers available include:
- Compact, foldable and lightweight stroller.
- Carry handle and automatic storage latch for added convenience.
- Made of an aluminum frame and high-quality plastic.
- 100% polyester upholstery.
- Four position backrest.
- Five point safety harness.
- Adjustable leg rest for added comfort.
- Canopy with a peek-a-boo window.
- Storage basket to keep on-the-go essentials.
- Parent cup holder and padded handles.
- Front locking swivel and rear-wheel suspension.
- Toe tap rear brakes for better control.
What Makes the Chicco Liteway Stroller Stand Out?
The stroller is ergonomically designed and comes with a solid build that parents appreciate. It does not topple or knock off easily when bumped or when the baby wiggles to change position. The front wheels on the Chicco Liteway come with 360 degrees swivel motion that makes it easy to maneuver the stroller in small stores or on crowded sidewalks. Parents can’t go especially fast with this stroller because the wheels are small, but the stroller does have good maneuverability. The stroller does have slightly larger 7” diameter rear wheels to provide a smooth ride on bumps but not one comparable to a more robust full size stroller or jogging stroller.
The four-position backrest lets you adjust the stroller as per your baby’s requirement for a comfortable ride. Whether the baby wants to sit, recline or lie down you can easily adjust the seat backrest up and down. The canopy on the Chicco Liteway provides excellent protection from sun and rain. The storage bag beneath the seat is big enough to accommodate all baby’s essentials.
Ease of Use
The Chicco Liteway stroller is lightweight owing to the aluminum frame. It is also compact and has a smart folding mechanism making it easy to use. It does not occupy much space as you can fold it down easily at the push of a lever, and when not in use you can easily tuck it under the bed or behind the door. The automatic latch and carry handle attached to the stroller’s side makes it convenient for parents to travel with the stroller and load it in the back of the car or check it in on a flight while travelling. These features combine to make the Chicco Liteway an excellent travel stroller.
Some parents worry about buying strollers online due to the assembly being required upon delivery. However, this stroller is very easy to assemble and parents did not complain about the process. All you have to do is pop the wheels on to the socket and snap the canopy and cup holder in place and you are good to go.
The stroller is made of a combination of fabric and high-quality plastic that does not break or scratch easily. The seat and canopy are made of 100% polyester that is very easy to maintain. In case of spills or accidents, you just have to wash it with soap and water and it will be dry in no time.
Chicco reports that the material composition of this stroller is 64% metal, 26% plastic, 8% fabric, and 1% wood. Parents like buying from Chicco because they know it is a strong brand that uses high quality materials.
How big is the Chicco Liteway and what are its dimensions?
This is a small stroller that is compact and easy to maneuver. The Chicco Liteway’s assembled dimensions are just 35 x 19 x 40 Inches, and the folded dimensions are only 46 x 10 x 11.75 inches. Chicco has designed a smart stroller that puts everything in the right place to make sure it folds up compact. Thus, it can easily fit into the trunk of a car.
Note again that even though the stroller is compact, it can hold children that weigh all the way up to 40 lbs weight. The manufacturer recommends that parents can use this stroller from 6 months up to 4 years of age. Under 6 months of age the child will not be strong enough to sit themselves up securely in the seat.
This stroller comes almost fully assembled and parents only have a few steps remaining out of the box. The assembly of the product is rather easy and does not require any special tools at all. The user manual that comes with the product contains all the assembly instructions on popping the wheels on but many families won’t need them. You can also easily refer to the online user manual for more details.
Cleaning and maintenance
The cover of the Liteway stroller is made of polyester and can be easily removed. The same is the case with the storage basket beneath the seat. Once removed, parents can hand wash these items in cold water. They should not bleach or tumble dry the pieces as that can degrade them. Similarly, no ironing or dry cleaning is recommended for the cover and storage basket.
To ensure the smooth motion of the stroller, you should lubricate the parts annually with a silicone-based lubricant. Also if you want this stroller to last for several years then be sure to keep it clean. Any dust, dirt, or sand on the frame or wheels should be periodically removed to ensure smooth operation.
The Chicco liteway stroller comes in several color choices but each is rather muted and all could be described as shades of grey. The standard color found most often in baby stores is Fog and then there is a color choice Moon Grey and one called Astral. Each of the two later options involve a black seat and padding that is complemented by a colored hood canopy. The only frame color available for this stroller is black.
- Plush and wide seat that provides ample comfort and plenty of space.
- The stroller comes with a five-point safety harness.
- The backrest can be adjusted to four positions with just one hand. The child can sit, recline or lie down on the stroller as per your choice.
- You can adjust the leg rest to two positions depending on how the child is sitting.
- The storage space is big enough to accommodate a diaper bag and some toys.
- The peek-a-boo feature of the canopy lets you see the baby while out on a stroll. Babies can also look up through the window to feel at ease.
- The one touch rear wheel brake lets you stop the stroller without any difficulty.
- The stroller is highly durable and if properly cared for should last several years.
- Though the stroller is sold as lightweight, there are smaller options on the market that weigh less. It could be because of the sturdier frame, bigger basket and larger wheels.
- As with any complicated mechanism, some parents did not find this stroller as easy to fold as others.
- Some buyers have reported that the stroller is not easy to use in rough terrain as it gets stuck. Sometimes, the swivel wheel on the front locks in a “non-swivel” mode. Thus, if you travel quite often on unpaved or rough roads, this stroller may not be a great choice.
- The shoulder strap of the stroller is not permanently connected to the waist harness. Thus, every time you make the baby sit in the stroller you need to strap both shoulder and waist harness which can be difficult at times. Similarly, the shoulder pad does not always stay in place and comes out easily.
- The canopy does not provide complete protection from the sun. Also since it is removable sometimes it comes off the stroller accidentally and you need to reattach it back. Likewise, when you adjust the stroller to a reclining position, the canopy pulls back so the baby may not get complete sun protection while lying down.
The Bottom Line
Parents overall tend to rave about the features and smart design of this stroller. The buyers of Chicco Liteway stroller find that it is easy to maneuver and that their children are comfortable in the stroller. The Chicco Liteway Stroller has lots of the same features as a full size stroller like a reclining seat, wheel locks, and five-point safety harness, but it delivers it all in a much smaller package. Still, the thoughtful design provides a good canopy to ensure your child is well protected from the elements and a storage basket underneath the seat that provides enough space for your baby’s essentials.
Some parents were surprised that the stroller was not as lightweight and compact as they imagined, because this is a rather robust umbrella stroller. Other parents were upset that it could not handle uneven terrain like they hoped. Overall though, the majority of parents found the Chicco Liteway to be a great option for families that want a quality stroller that doesn’t fill up the trunk or break the bank. If you are looking for a stroller that can be easily stored away and then brought out to be used at a park or while shopping, the Chicco liteway stroller is an excellent choice.
Leave a Reply